Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Newbie Bloggers Blog Hop!

I just read over at Polka Dots and Pencils that a new blogger, Janis from Grade Three Is The Place For Me, is hosting a Newbie Bloggers Blog Hop linky party, so I thought I would join in! 


You only have to do 2 things to participate: 1) Answer the following 5 questions about yourself: 

1. what state you are in
2. your current teaching position
3. your teaching experience
4. when you started blogging
5. share a blogging tip/blogging resource

And 2) Link your post up below.  (It's the same link-up as Janis', which I didn't know at first!  Learned something new today!)  Easy, peasy!

So, here are my answers:
1. Alabama
2. 4th grade English, AL History, and Science teacher
3. 6.5 years in 1st grade; switching to 4th grade this year!
4. I just started blogging in June 2012!  I am very new to it, but having a ton of fun!
5. My favorite blogging resource is Pinterest!  Since I've only been posting about crafts and decorating that I've been doing for my new classroom so far, Pinterest has been my greatest resource.  It is also where I've gotten most, if not all, of my followers from!  They would see something I posted on Pinterest and come visit my blog to read more about it.  I love Pinterest!

If you come here via this link up, please leave a comment to let me know you were here! :)




15 comments:

  1. I'm on the beach in Alabama right now as I read this! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower.

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Megan! Thanks for following! I hope you enjoy the beach!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I am your newest follower. I am a third grade teacher, but love to follow fourth and fifth to see what's ahead. I love your polka-dot boarder.

    Carolyn
    http://thirdgradeadventuresinelbert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Carolyn! Thanks for commenting and following!

      Delete
  3. Found your blog through the blog hop! LOVE your polka dot background....so adorable! I've nominated you for an award! Jump over to my site to pick it up! :)

    Jackie
    Crazy Daze in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jackie! Thanks so much for commenting and nominating me! I will go check it out!

      Delete
  4. HI there !
    I'm a new blogger, too, and think yours is so cute. I love the polka dots!! I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog award, so stop by my blog to grab it and check it out. :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kelly! Thank you for visiting and for nominating me for an award! That's so nice!

      Delete
  5. Just found you through the blog hop and am your newest follower! I'd love you to drop by my blog when you have a chance!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Amanda! Thanks for letting me know you stopped by! I'll be sure to go check out your blog, too!

      Delete
  6. Hi, I found you through the Newbie Blog HOpe and I am awarding you with the One Lovely Blog Award. Feel free to stop by my blog to pick-up your button.
    Thanks
    Donna
    working5to9math.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Donna! Thanks for the award and for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  7. Hey Jenny. I have an award for you too....a little late but oh, well. I'm so slow on getting all this done that someone else awarded you one while I was working at it. Great blog by the way! Come on over and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Leslie! I appreciate it very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog through the hop and am your newest follower. I'm a fourth grade teacher too and I'd love it if you stopped by.:)
    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete