Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's official!

I got an email today that let me know I could finally announce something I've been so excited about but had to keep under wraps for a while.  I am going to be teaching 4th grade next year!  I have taught 1st grade for 6.5 years, and I am really in need of a change.  I am going to miss the other two 1st grade teachers that I have worked with!  Ms. K and Ms. R are great teachers!  I will be way on the other end of the school from them now, so I probably won't get to see them much. :(

But on to the good stuff!  I have been frustrated for quite a while teaching 1st grade.  I even was at the point of almost quitting teaching altogether.  But the Lord stopped me from doing that and opened this door instead.  I am hoping that it is just the change I need!  He knows what is best, and with everything working out so smoothly like it has, it has made me excited about teaching again!  With 4th graders I will be able to do so much more than I could have with 1st graders.  And more importantly, THEY will be able to do so much more for THEMSELVES than 1st graders can!  That's the part I am most excited about.  I can't wait to see how much more they can do. 

Our school will be departmentalizing in grades 4-6 next year, so that means I won't be teaching all the subjects, either, which is something I am also looking forward to.  Ms. L will be teaching Math, Mrs. R will be teaching Reading, and I will teach Science, AL History, and English.  It will be very interesting to see how it is all going to work!  But I am excited and looking forward to it.  And I really can't wait to get into my new room and start getting it set up!  But alas, we can't get in till at least the end of July.  And I don't want to rush my summer away!  So I will just enjoy my time off and my crafting to get everything polka dotty. :)

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you!! I have taught 4th grade for the past 5 years and have LOVED every minute of it! I taught Kindergarten for 7 years before that and loved it, but decided to try 4th when my principal asked...now I couldn't go back!! I love all that I can do with the 4th graders, plus they are still sweet(attitude hasn't kicked in yet) and they still want to please! Good luck...you will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete