I just got through creating a QR code for Open House. I will hang it outside my door and parents can scan it with their smart phones. It will link them directly to my school webpage. This is the coolest thing ever! (Well, until the next coolest thing I find! haha) I'm so excited. Here's what it looks like:
Now, to make your own, follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.qrstuff.com/
- Open your school webpage in another browser window
- Right-click on the address in the address bar and click copy
- Back on the qrstuff site, there are 4 steps, but they are super easy!
- 1) is already done for you (Data Type: Website URL is already selected.).
- 2) Content: right-click in the box and click paste. There are two buttons below that--you don't need to do anything there. Move on. :)
- 3) You don't need to do anything here, either, unless you want to change the color. I wouldn't. Move on.
- 4) Here's where you choose what to do with your code once it's created. If you choose print, it only gives you options for multiple images, so I wouldn't choose print. I chose download. then you can save it to your computer, and then create a page like I did above.
If you need any help with it, please feel free to email me! I LOVE TECHNOLOGY!!
Update 7/21/12: I'm also linked up with Jen at Teaching and Tech! Click the button below to see more technology link ups! Thanks, Jen!